Ironman... the long and winding road

"Your body will argue that there is no justifiable reason to continue. Your only recourse is to call on your spirit, which fortunately functions independently of logic." Tim Noakes

"Only those who risk going too far can possibly find out how far they can go." T.S. Elliot

6.29.2006

Dude, that's my bike!

While riding my cycling trainer today, I thought about a ride that I did recently with my boyfriend, Shane and a good friend of ours, Jerry. It is a funny story and I thought that I would share with you all.

During one of our cycling rides we stopped to get a smoothie. While baskin in the shade since that is hot comodity in AZ, a guy rides by and just stares down our friends bike. He then comes back by and rides up to Jerry's bike and looks it over. We all just look at him and think this guy really admires vintage bikes!?? Then all of the sudden out of his mouth comes "Dude, that's my bike". He proceeds to tell us that this is his bike and that he bought it in Germany when he was stationed there. He then tells us that his bike was stolen on the south side and this is his bike. Jerry tells the guy that he bought this bike on ebay and it was shipped he thinks from CA or NY (hehehe I know that is a big difference on where it could have come from, but at that moment he was not 100% sure!) , but he is welcome to look it over. The guy tells Jerry "no, it is your bike now, but that is my bike". The guy proceeds to ride away and leaves us with our smoothies.

MMMMMMM... I love smoothies.

As we finish our smoothies and ride off we discuss the "Dude that's my bike" incident and my friend Jerry says "who knows someone could have stolen the bike and then shipped it to CA or NY and then sold it on ebay, where I bought it and now it is in my possession", ya think?? NOT.

Jerry then decides, hhhmmm maybe my next bike will be named "Dude, that's my bike". He is not kidding. Hahahahaha

The odd thing about this story is that this samething happened to me when I was in NM. I was riding my Gary Fisher Joshua XO and this guy comes out of a shop and said that he swore the bike that I had was his. I told him that this could not possibly be, for I bought this bike in AZ and I still had the receipt for it, but still somehow the bike is his... ride away and quick!

I guess there are no Vintage Super Competion or Gary Fisher bikes anywhere else in the world!! Ya think??? NOT

As for my cycling trainer, I rode for an 1:35:00. As I spun and thought of the story I was glad that I have the friends that I do and then boyfriend that I have, they are all very special, make my life an adventure and help me on my quest.

1 Comments:

At 3:43 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That was such a funny day, and a great ride :)

You know, we're all very glad to have you in our lives too! I'm glad to be on board for your adventures ;)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home