Ironman... the long and winding road

"Your body will argue that there is no justifiable reason to continue. Your only recourse is to call on your spirit, which fortunately functions independently of logic." Tim Noakes

"Only those who risk going too far can possibly find out how far they can go." T.S. Elliot

7.06.2006

The animals/bugs are going crazy...

Yesterday I swam a 1700.

I did -- drill, swim, pull, kick for a 1,500
then 4x50 build (on the min)

It was a good swim, a little crazy, because it had just poured!! and there were bugs everywhere in the pool.

While I swam last night all of the sudden a blob went by me. It was about 7 inches long. I stopped swimmin, looked around and there is was, a frog (could have been a toad, it was pretty dark, so I could not really tell which one). I thought "this environment is really no good for you" (there was a lot of chlorine in the pool). I took him out of the pool. As I was going back to my lane, low and behold, a teeny tiny baby frog about an inch was on the lane line. I removed him from the pool and placed him near the sand. Did not want anyone to step on him, because it would have crushed the poor guy.

I continued to finish up my swim for the night :) without anymore adventure...

then, today at work, as I walked in, there was a millepede on the sidewalk, I thought this very odd, because I have never in the 5 years that I have been there seen one. I worked up until lunch and when I went to lunch, there was no millepede. Which was expected. I did not think that it would hangout on the sidewalk all day. As lunch came and went and the end of the day approach, my boyfriend came to take me home. He told me that on his way over, he saw millions (probably not that many, but a HECK!! of a lot... at least 1,000s) of millepedes walking about. He said that they all seemed to be heading north?? Why, we do not know. Then after about an hour waiting for me to be done with work, we went to the car. When we went outside, it now seemed that some of the millepedes were veering off and heading back south!!

I have never seen so many millepdes in my whole life and especially at work. I tell you, the animals and bugs are going crazy. Must be the fact that we have gotten a lot rain (which I am sure they are saying what is this wet stuff, as it is a rarity here :)!! )

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home