Ironman... the long and winding road

"Your body will argue that there is no justifiable reason to continue. Your only recourse is to call on your spirit, which fortunately functions independently of logic." Tim Noakes

"Only those who risk going too far can possibly find out how far they can go." T.S. Elliot

8.18.2006

The answer is coming soon...

A thing that I noted to a friend today, is that my job is probably sick of me not being there. I told her that they will probably let me go soon, not because they do not like me, but because I have been sick a lot and I do not qualify for intermittent leave. But, I should really leave anyway. I have done the same job for almost 5 years, I have not moved up, or laterally. They will not put me in a different position, because I only work a few days a week. Which in some of the positions that they could put me in, it would not matter how many days I work.

I am going to start looking into photography courses, since it is something that I like to do and it is something that could be done while riding around town. Something outdoors, that is where I think I was meant to be or in at least a job, where you get to move. My job does none of that, I am stuck to a chair, I feel chained there. I am a log that never gets to roll.

Thing is though I am scared to let go. On the one hand, if I did, it would be like a weight was lifted and it would give me more time with family because I could get things done while they are out of the house for the day. Also, I could take care of the house, so that my boyfriend did not have to!! :) But on the other, I don't know if it is financially feasible. It costs a lot to have a camera :(. And my job pays really well. It is well above minimum wage. Not that I think that a minimum wage job is not a good thing!! It is and some of those jobs would be 10 times better then mine :)!!

The other thing that I contemplate time to time, is selling off my Star Wars collection so that I would not have to worry about the finances for a while. I must have over 800 unopened figures, bunch of micro machines, legos, puzzles, vehicles etc. And sometimes I think that would give us a cushion, so that when I do go, it would give me time to look for a job and not have to worry about much. (But all this is only a thought not a reality)

I know the answer is going to come soon, I just have to be ready to take the plunge!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home