Ironman... the long and winding road

"Your body will argue that there is no justifiable reason to continue. Your only recourse is to call on your spirit, which fortunately functions independently of logic." Tim Noakes

"Only those who risk going too far can possibly find out how far they can go." T.S. Elliot

10.01.2006

GABA Ride

Today is Sunday and I had made plans to go with a friend of mine on a GABA ride. We met at 6:20am and then took off promptly at 6:30. When he told me what the route would be, I was not really looking forward to it, because I had done hills yesterday and this ride had a lot of hills in it also!! We made it 23 miles and then I told my friend that I had to turn around because of a bad cramp in my back. I think this was partly due to the fact that I have not been able to find a seat that is comfortable to ride. The seat that I am riding is off of my son's bike and it is really hurting. I used to ride a Brooks saddle and I still wish that I could! It is an awesome seat and I really loved it, but my nerve in my leg does not love it.

On the way home from our ride, it was funny because suddenly the cramp in my back was gone. I was really happy to be pain free there, now if I could just get rid of the pain elsewhere I would be set.

The ride over all was a good one and we ended up with 40 miles. ( I also rode 14 miles later in the day, to show my friend LeeAnne a route that she can ride to get to work.) All the miles to day would be 54 miles! Another big day in the saddle, just glad that it was a good one with no mishaps, just a pain in the butt because of the seat.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home