Ironman... the long and winding road

"Your body will argue that there is no justifiable reason to continue. Your only recourse is to call on your spirit, which fortunately functions independently of logic." Tim Noakes

"Only those who risk going too far can possibly find out how far they can go." T.S. Elliot

9.01.2006

Into the Groove

I think that I will finally be into the groove of training again. I have only 2 more trips and then that is it!! :) Yay. Last weekend I rode 37 miles with some guys that I know. They kicked my butt, but I hope that is not for long. We had a good ride and I was quite happy how I did considering I had not been able to ride in about 3 weeks. We took a new route that I had not taken before and I quite liked it. There were not a lot of cars and for part of it, you felt like you were on a quiet country road.

This week I went to a trade show for work, it was really exhausting. We worked 12 hours the first day, 11 the next and 10 the last one. We were not allowed to sit and had no chairs in our booth. I was really just tired, but my legs did not hurt like the rest of them!! Which was a good thing. My feet throbbed, because my shoes were old and no comfort to them :( . Although I was really tired, I made a point to get my butt to the pool and ended up swimming 500 meters on Tuesday and 700 on Wednesday.

My flight was delayed for 2+ hours, the first class bathroom was broken on arrival and they were given the choice of taking a different flight. They did not, the bathroom was fixed, but there was still a lingering smell, which ended up making me sick. As I got home, I promptly went to the bathroom and puked.

Today, I am feeling the effects of it all and I am just resting. I hope to be at the pool later on...

I do have to admit though it was a good trip and we all had fun. Just like I hope my training will become!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home