Ironman... the long and winding road

"Your body will argue that there is no justifiable reason to continue. Your only recourse is to call on your spirit, which fortunately functions independently of logic." Tim Noakes

"Only those who risk going too far can possibly find out how far they can go." T.S. Elliot

1.12.2007

92 days and counting!

I have started my long road to the Ironman again with just 92 days left.

This week I was back on my bike! Yay. Seems like an eternity when really it has been a little over 2 months. I think that everytime you stop working out your body is at a loss, but your muscles never forget. My butt of course had for this week it was sore and I felt a little tight with aches here and there. All of this is to be expected, the pain goes away and you feel like you are finally accomplishing something!

I road 13 miles one day and then 24.12 the next. Today I rode on my trainer for 20 minutes. I had my boyfriend install my new sweet a$$ Brooks b18 Saddle in hopes that this will be the saddle that takes the pain in my leg away!! I used to ride the Brooks Finesse for 3+ years and then I just started to have pain :(. This for me was really sad, because I absolutely love that saddle and Brooks!

Today, I left messages with my friends that I would ride with every weekend to see if they are going to be riding anytime soon, because I have a lot of miles to make up and so little time to do it in. Dave, called me and said that he might be up for riding this weekend! (tomorrow is a bad day, because I have family in town, but he did mention Sunday, so that might be a possibility.) Dave is an awesome guy and an amazing bike builder too, here is his website Bohemian Bicycles

Oh and I almost forgot, I swam 500 meters a week ago...

Boy, when you stop swimming and then start again, it is really hard at first because your breathing is off. I really struggle for about the first week and then I find my rhythm. My sister thinks that I will be over a mile by the end of this month. Possibly, we will see. I hope to be racking up the miles in the pool soon, because I got a pass for the year and need to get my 50$ worth hehehe! (50$ is a real steal considering I used to pay 876$ a year for the Racquet Club and all I did there is swim) Plus we have some nice city pools.

93 days and counting... where will I be??? We will just have to wait and see.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home