Ironman... the long and winding road

"Your body will argue that there is no justifiable reason to continue. Your only recourse is to call on your spirit, which fortunately functions independently of logic." Tim Noakes

"Only those who risk going too far can possibly find out how far they can go." T.S. Elliot

1.18.2007

Working out again

For the past couple days, I have been working out more! This is a really good thing, but it is crazy how tired you feel after the day is done.

I have ridden my trainer, ridden outdoors or swam the past 3 days. Yesterday, I rode my bike for 26.42 miles, swam an 800 (the swimming was 500 meters straight and then a 100 and then 200. Believe me, it really sux to stop swimmin and then start again! So my advice, don't stop hehehe) then rode the trainer for 40 mins and today, I woke up feeling like I had no energy, really tired, my upper/lower back hurt like anything and my arms had some ache too. I sat with a heating pad on my back in hopes that it would help. I think that it helped a little, but I know that the only real thing that will make it go away is more exercise! I have to get my body used to this again.

Tonight, my sister and I are going to go swimming and then I think that I will come home and ride the trainer. Hurting or not, it must be done.

The Ironman is multiple things in one day one right after the other, there is no room for I am tired or I can't. This is why when I am swimming, biking or running I think if this was the Ironman, I would have to keep going... bad day or not one stroke, one pedal, one foot in front of the other will get me there, keep pushing. And you know, it really does work.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home