Ironman... the long and winding road

"Your body will argue that there is no justifiable reason to continue. Your only recourse is to call on your spirit, which fortunately functions independently of logic." Tim Noakes

"Only those who risk going too far can possibly find out how far they can go." T.S. Elliot

1.31.2007

Option A or Option B? ... that is the question.

So I have been thinking about my options for the Ironman.

Option A:

I withdraw and get part of my 450$ entry fee back. This would only amount to 150$ :(. (Right now, I feel like I am not at the point that I would like to be and that I could have been way better prepared if I had not gotten sick.)

Option B:

I suck it up and just go with the flow.
(Same thing happened last year and I still made it, with an 1:35:44 to spare)


Monday I went to the IMAZ site because I wanted to see about 'Option A' and when the deadline was. As I navigated through the site, I found the link for the withdrawal. To my surprise, it was not working (it will be up later on today!). I thought, how am I supposed to know what I would have to do to get my measly 150$ back. (at least it is something, right???)

After my ride (that I posted about earlier) I went back to the site and I told myself that this time if it is not there, it is a sign. (For me, things happen for a reason and sometimes those reasons may not be known immediately, but they are there.) Once again, you guessed it, the link did not work and I had no Option A to contemplate anymore.

For now, Option B is the answer.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home