Ironman... the long and winding road

"Your body will argue that there is no justifiable reason to continue. Your only recourse is to call on your spirit, which fortunately functions independently of logic." Tim Noakes

"Only those who risk going too far can possibly find out how far they can go." T.S. Elliot

2.15.2007

Catch-up

Last week was a catch up week for my training. The week before last week, I was in NE and IA for my grandfather's funeral. He was a great man and well loved. He lived a full life and passed at the ripe ol' age of 98!!

On the trip, I had the pleasure of riding in a Ford Ranger with the little tiny seats in the back that fold down. There were 4 adults in this truck and I thought that my butt cramps were never going to go away! The only positive thing was that we were able to go!! My sister offered her AWD outback, which would have been way better then the truck, but no it was the truck that we had to take.

We spent 56 hours in a car 2 weeks ago, that is long enough for a while.

Last week, I rode a couple of times, did my wash walking and did not make it to the pool :(. I am hoping that this week, I will be able to get there. I am just over a mile in the pool, so I gotta get moving!!

One of my rides last week was a killer for me. It was an 80 miler and I was dying on it! There were a lot of ups on it, so I think that had something to do with it!!

Yesterday, I went on a ride with my boyfriend, and our friend Stephen. We rode 33.30 miles and it was a very windy ride. My groin muscle is hurting a bit, so I am going to make sure that I am aware of that this week!!

I hope you all have a great week and I will be back soon!! :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home