Ironman... the long and winding road

"Your body will argue that there is no justifiable reason to continue. Your only recourse is to call on your spirit, which fortunately functions independently of logic." Tim Noakes

"Only those who risk going too far can possibly find out how far they can go." T.S. Elliot

4.05.2007

Time has Flown

Wow, time has really flown, 10 days to race day!!

Of course I have not been here in a while, but believe me, I have been putting in the miles! I am lacking a bit in the "running" part, but I am hoping that I will still make it.

I have not done as much as I would like to have before this race, but I guess that is what illness does to you. So you get things done with what you have left! :)

That said, I am a bit worried that I will not make it to the finish line. I am worried because I have never entered a race that I did not finish and I do not want this one to be the first. I will give it my all though.

The last 2 weeks before the race, I am in PHX. I have ridden the course once and it looks good. There are a little bit of hills and I go slow up them, but that is ok!! I have also swam in a pool that is soooo hot that I dehydrate everytime that I swim in it. Lastly, I have been walking down the green belt with my mother and sister. I walked down the green belt yesterday to the bike shop and got a sweet deal on a pair of speedplay pedals!! After walking yesterday, I have been having pains in my heels and in the side of my shine bone. For my heels, I think that there is not enough coushin in my shoes. In my shin, I don't think that it is shin splints. I have an old injury there from my mountain bike. I was riding down a small dirt hill when my wheel gave out because of the dirt. The bike promptly snapped back and hit me in my shin bone. I had a huge welt there and I could not stand on it for 2 days. I guess the best way to describe it is for those of you who have broken a bone, it is the ache that you feel when the weather changes. It is pretty sore, so I am thinking about packing medical tape in my special needs bag on the run, so that I can tape it if need be.

My bib number is out, it is #2256!(thanks to RoboRanch for notifying me of this at weendure.com!!) So you all can go to Ironmanlive.com and watch my progress if you like! I really need all the good vibes that I can get!

So, I just want to say that this is probably the last post for a while, because my mother's computer is sooooo slow and she has dial-up :( !!

Well wishes to you all and I hope that on April 15th, I will hear "Kathi Moore, You are an Ironman (or woman in my case!) for a second time!!"

2 Comments:

At 5:52 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Kathi you ARE an Ironwoman... :)
your gonna do awesome..

 
At 1:39 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

What happened at Ironman Az? I was tracking some friends and yourself on Ironman.com and then kinda lost you. I heard that the wind was brutal, blowing tumbleweeds across the bike course. It was like that when I did that race in 2005. All that blowing dust and soot. Yuk! Hope you are ok!
Hugs from the blogosphere!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home